Mandi is a major city in western Himachal Pradesh, India.
It serves as the headquarters of Mandi District and Zonal Headquarters of central zone including districts namely Kullu, Bilaspur, and Hamirpur. As a tourist place, Mandi is often referred to as "Varanasi of Hills" or "Choti Kashi" or "Kashi of Himachal". People of Mandi proudly boast that while Benaras (Kashi) has 80 temples, Mandi has 81.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) is a premier institute located in the city.This one time capital of the princely state of Mandi is a fast developing city that still retains much of its original charm and character.
The present District of Mandi was formed with the merger of two princely states, Mandi State and Suket, on 15 April 1948. Until the mid 20th century, Mandi was on the trade route between Yarkant County and Ladakh to Hoshiarpur and the Indian plains, served as commercial hub and trade centre. Even the word Mandi is derived from the Hindi word which means “Market”.
Mandi is the fastest developing city of Himachal Pradesh with the 2nd largest economy in the state and the most important major city of central part of Himachal, located on cross junction of National Highway-20, 21 and 70. It acts as a gateway to Kullu, Lahaul, Leh Ladakh & areas of Jammu & Kashmir. Being District headquarters and Zonal headquarters, the entire District and state depends upon the city for trade & commerce, services and civil administration.
About Raheja Mall
RAHEJA MALL MANDI is conceived in partnership with the Government of Himachal Pradesh with an aim of organising shopping areas of the main towns of Himachal Pradesh. It is ideally and most strategically located in the heart of the city, and is an extension to the market places of Mandi.
The project has a built-up area of approx 1.8 lakh sq ft with access from Delhi-Manali highway. It is strategically located at the enterance of Mandi at a stone throw from Indira Market. It is one of a kind and the very first organised commercial space in Mandi, complete with 2 levels of parking, two multiurpose halls, food court, grand central atrium, naturally air-cooled, path-breaking-hill architecture and modern finishes. In fact the project has so many out-of-the-box innovations that nothing else defines it better but that the project shall ….. REDEFINE.
It shall redefine the way people in the area shop, redefine their expectations from a shopping street, redefine the way services are rendered, redefine the feeling of shopping, redefine the way people hang-out, redefine the way people eat out, redefine the way people spend their evening, Redifine lifestyles. Simply put ….. REDEFINE.
- Path-breaking architectural design confluencing hill architecture with modern glass shopping malls.
- Strategically located at the entrance of the city, a stone throw from the Indira Market.
- Large front on the Delhi-Manali highway.
- Designs based on the latest concepts and specifications at par with the international standards conforming to seismic code.
- High street shopping at atrium levels.
- Features like Food Court, Open Atrium for Live Shows, Active kiosks.
- High efficiency floor plans with minimum super area.
- Energy efficient building with naturally air-cooling architecture, rainwater harvesting, separate waste disposal, efficient energy usage, etc thus lowering the running cost.
- Impressive entries and lobbies finished with granite, marble, glass, metal panels and dramatic landscaping.
- 100% Handicap access.
- In-house smart power distribution system with just one external connection.
- Provision for Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT), Fiber Optic telecommunications.
- Wifi enabled.
- Fire Fighting system.
- Provision for Central air conditioning system with provision for AC in individual shops.
- Elevator access.
- Provision for public address voice communication system and central music.
- Provision for built-in conduits for power, data and voice distributions.
- Separate conduits for Low voltage & High voltage.
- Garbage disposal system complete with garbage chute.
- Over the surface conducting for easy maintenance.
- Generous parking facility – over 230 equivalent car spaces inside the complex.
- Interior and exterior terraces, gardens and landscaping.
- Round-the-clock water supply.
- Optional retiring rooms.
- Professional property management services.
- 24-hour security complete with CCTV’s.
- State-of the art fire fighting system.